Hi readers, it’s the last week in the month of March 2017 and we are proud to present the first of three blog posts titled “STUDY ABROAD STARTERS KIT”. This series of blog posts will revolve mainly around what you need to know before and after you get your admission letter. So whether you are planning to study abroad, or you already have an admission to study abroad, this series will make sure you are ready.
Without further ado, let’s dive straight in.
The first thing you’ll need to study abroad is not money (although it is important), passion (although it is also important), but the right documents. Yes, you read right. Without the right and proper documents, you may as well just throw your money in the ocean and hope it doesn’t get wet.
Now that we have that out of the way, what are the right documents you need? Almost all schools require the same documents when you want to study at the undergraduate level or postgraduate level with exceptions to specialized courses like medicine, subsea engineering, and process engineering etc.
For Undergraduate programs, here are the documents you require to study abroad
- INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT – the international passport or passport for travel abroad is a second passport, in addition to the internal passport, required for a citizen to travel abroad within the country of residence.
NOTE: If you are a Nigerian who doesn’t have an international passport, you can apply for one on the Nigerian Immigration Service website here
- WAEC / NECO OR ANY QUALIFIED HIGH SCHOOL CERTIFICATE – The West African Examinations Council is West Africa’s foremost examining board established by law to determine the examinations required in the public interest in the English-speaking West African countries, to conduct the examinations and to award certificates comparable to those of equivalent examining authorities internationally.To find out more about the WAEC examinations, visit the WAEC’s website here
- HIGH SCHOOL TESTIMONIAL – it is a formal statement from schools testifying to a students’ character and qualifications.
For Postgraduate students, you will need to provide every document listed under the undergraduate requirements along with the following
- UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS – Transcript of Records is used to document the performance of a student over a certain period of time by listing the course units or modules taken, the credits gained, and the grades awarded. The Transcript of Records provides a standard format for recording all study activities carried out by students. It is an essential tool for academic recognition
- UNIVERSITY CERTIFICATE – it’s a document that certifies that a person has received specific education from a university.
- 2 REFERENCE LETTERS – You need either 2 academic reference letters or 1 academic and 1 work reference (if you have worked before). An academic letter of recommendation is a 1 – 2-page letter that highlights a student’s academic history, character, and academic and/or career goals.
A work reference letter, is usually written to testify to a person’s skills, character, experience, and/or achievements.
Once you have these documents ready and complete, you are ready to start your journey to studying abroad.
You can apply here to start the process with us today.
Thanks for reading and Have a productive week ahead!
NB: For comments, questions and inquiries, please comment in the comment section below, we will love to hear your thoughts and respond to your questions.