UNICAF in conjunction with our Educational Partner University of Nicosia(UNIC), now offering up to 80% Scholarship to International Students from Nigeria and Africa. The UNICAF Scholarship Programme was created to support students who are domiciled in Africa and provides opportunities for studies towards various online or distance learning degree programmes awarded by European universities at a fraction of the cost.
The primary objective of the UNICAF Scholarships Programme is to make education affordable for students from Africa. UNICAF provides an opportunity to African students to pursue advanced academic studies and to earn internationally recognized qualifications by studying through distance learning. The UNICAF Scholarship Programme was founded to offer gifted underprivileged students from Africa the opportunity of furthering their education by studying towards internationally accredited qualifications such as the ones awarded by the University of Nicosia.
To apply for the UNICAF Scholarship Programme, candidates should:
- Be a permanent resident of an African country or Mauritius.
- Be earning less than €15,000 per year
- Be available to commence their academic studies within 6 months from the date of receiving admission.
- Meet the entry requirements of the respective programme of study.
The following admissions criteria must be satisfied for a student to be admitted:
- An accredited Bachelor’s degree.
- Proficiency in English – First Degree taught in English or IELTS 6 or TOEFL 550 (paper based) 213 (computer based).
- Letters of Recommendation – Two recommendation letters from persons who have known the applicant in his/her educational and professional environment are required.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Personal Statement – a comprehensive outline highlighting the applicants’ individual competences and strengths and providing their reflections regarding the expectations and value of the programme as well as to their personal advancement and career development.
M. Ed Educational Leadership & Administration
- All applicants for entrance in the Masters of Education programme should have at least a lower second class Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in an area related to education from a recognised university.
- Transcript of grades
- Applicants with a degree in a related subject taught in English from a recognized university will also be considered.
- Applicants with a lower grade will be considered on their own merits.
- Two academic reference letters.
- Personal Statement: A letter highlighting the applicant’s individual competences and strengths and providing his/her reflections regarding the expectations and value of the programme as well as to his/her personal advancement and career development.
- An updated CV (Curriculum Vitae).
Regular admission to the BA Business programme requires a High School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent with an average grade of ‘C’. ‘A’ levels are considered to be a form of equivalent qualification. In addition to a strong academic record, the student’s extracurricular involvement, leadership skills, and other relevant background information are taken into account.
English Language Proficiency
English is the language of instruction at the University of Nicosia. All students are required to take the English Placement Test (EPT) before registering for classes. The EPT may show that some students will need to register for non-credit English classes before being able to register for their academic programme of study.
Students with the following English qualifications will register directly for their academic programme of study:
|TOEFL||513 and above|
|Computer-based TOEFL||183 and above|
|Internet-based TOEFL||65 and above|
|IELTS||5.5 and above|
|Cambridge Exams [First Certificate]||B and above|
|Cambridge Exams [Proficiency Certificate||C and above|
|GCSE English Language “O” Level||C and above|
As the Official Nigerian Representative to the University of Nicosia, Cyprus, Imperial Educational Services has been helping students from Nigeria and Africa to access this Scholarship grants.